Makes 6 servings
2 medium green bell peppers
1 large onion
2-3 large carrots
1 clove of garlic
1Tbsp. olive oil
3 slices of turkey bacon
4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts
6 lettuce leaves
6 (8 inch) whole wheat flour tortillas
3 oz. shredded cheddar cheese
6 Tbsp. light Ranch dressing
1. Wash vegetables and process in food processor using a medium sized shredding blade or manually shred vegetables using a hand held grater. Mince garlic.
2. Sauté vegetables and garlic in olive oil in a large pan over medium heat or in an electric skillet, 10-15 minutes.
3. In a medium sized non-stick fry pan, cook bacon until crisp. Remove from pan, cool and crumble.
4. Slice chicken into strips, about ½-inch thick. Cook in bacon drippings until juices run clear.
5. While chicken and vegetables are cooking, wash tomato and lettuce. Roughly dice tomato.
6. Fill each tortilla with a hearty portion of vegetables, ½ slice of crumbled bacon, chicken, tomato, lettuce, ½ oz. shredded cheddar and 1 Tbsp. of Ranch dressing.
Nutrition Analysis per serving: 370 calories, 14 g fat, 27g protein, 34g carbohydrate, 5g fiber, 770mg sodium