Makes 4 servings
1 ½ lb. sweet potatoes
2 Tbsp. olive oil
1/4 tsp. salt
1/4 tsp. black pepper
3/4 cup fresh or frozen cranberries
1/4 cup water
2 tsp. honey
1 canned chili pepper in adobo sauce
¼ cup green onions
¼ cup fresh cilantro leaves
1. Peel and cut sweet potatoes into 2 inch pieces. Drizzle oil on cookie sheet, spread potato slices evenly and sprinkle with salt and pepper.
2. Bake 30 minutes, flipping halfway through.
3. Place cranberries, water, and honey in a saucepan over medium-low heat.
4. Finely chop chili, add to pan along with 1 tsp. adobo sauce
5. Bring to a boil. Cover, reduce heat, and cook 10 minutes or until cranberries pop, stirring occasionally. Remove from heat. Mash with a fork. Mixture will be chunky.
6. Chop green onions and cilantro.
7. Combine potatoes, onions, and cilantro in a bowl. Add cranberry mixture to bowl; toss gently to coat.
Nutrition Analysis per serving: 200 calories, 7g fat, 3g protein, 32g carbohydrate, 6g fiber, 50mg sodium