Makes 2 servings
4 oz dry linguine (approx. ¼ of a 1 lb. box)
¼ cup shallots
2/3 cup tomatoes
2 Tbsp. fresh ginger
2 Tbsp. lime juice
3 Tbsp. fresh cilantro
1 cup dry white wine
2 Tbsp. light whipping cream
1 Tbsp. butter
1/8 tsp. black pepper
½ lb. large sea scallops
1. Cook linguine and set aside.
2. Mince shallots, grate ginger, and chop tomatoes and cilantro, set aside. Squeeze lime juice, set aside.
3. Combine white wine, minced shallots, lime juice and ginger in medium skillet; bring to boil. Cook until reduced to ½ cup (about 5 minutes). Discard solids from mixture by draining mixture through a sieve or fine strainer. Save liquids and return to skillet.
4. Add cream to skillet; cook over medium heat 1 minute. Add butter, stirring until butter melts. Stir in chopped tomatoes, cilantro and pepper. Add 1 ½ cups cooked linguine; toss well. Cover and keep warm.
5. Heat skillet coated with cooking spray over medium-high heat. Arrange scallops in pan; cook 2 minutes on each side or until done. Add scallops to pasta mixture and toss gently.
Nutrition Analysis per serving: 576 calories, 13g fat, 44g protein, 50g carbohydrate, 3g fiber, 437mg sodium