Makes 6 servings
1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs
1 Tbsp. reduced sodium soy sauce
2 stalks celery
1 red bell pepper
2 bunches of green onions
1 ½ tsp. corn starch
2 Tbsp. soy sauce
1 ½ Tbsp. honey
1 Tbsp. dark sesame oil
2 tsp. rice vinegar
1 tsp. sambal oelek
1 clove garlic, minced
¼ c. cornstarch
1-2 Tbsp. canola oil
6 (8 inch) flour tortillas
3 Tbsp. dry roasted peanuts
1 lime (optional)
1. Cut chicken into bite sized pieces. Place in Ziploc bag and add soy sauce. Seal and allow to marinade while completing steps 2 and 3
2. Thinly slice celery, red bell pepper, and green onion; set aside.
3. Combine ingredients in a small sauce pan. Whisk to remove lumps. Warm over low-medium heat, stirring frequently, until sauce bubbles and becomes thickened and glossy; remove from heat and set aside. Watch the sauce carefully to avoid over-thickening. If this this happens, simply mix in 1-2 teaspoons of water.
4. Remove chicken from soy sauce marinade and place in a shallow baking dish. Sprinkle heavily with cornstarch. Using a tongs, coat chicken and shake off excess cornstarch.
5. Heat oil in a large nonstick fry pan over medium to medium-high heat. Add chicken to pan turning to brown on all sides, about 6 minutes. Add additional oil only if necessary.
6. Pour thickened sauce from step 3 over chicken and add vegetables from step 2. Toss to combine. Heat for 3 minutes to slightly cook vegetables.
Nutrition Analysis per taco: 360 calories, 15g fat, 20g protein, 36g carbohydrate, 2g fiber, 580 mg sodium