Makes 6 servings
1 slice bread
¼ cup milk
1 ½ lb. salmon fillet
1 tsp. salt
2 Tbsp. fresh dill or thyme, finely chopped
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
¼ tsp. freshly ground black pepper
1 cup fat-free sour cream
½ tsp. salt
½ tsp. freshly ground pepper
1-2 Tbsp. dill, finely chopped
2 tsp. grated lemon rind
2 tsp. fresh lemon juice
2 tsp. sugar
Whole wheat hamburger buns
1. Soak bread in milk until soft.
2. Coarsely chop salmon and place in food processor. Pulse several times until roughly chopped. Add bread and milk, salt and remaining ingredients. Pulse several times until well blended. Form salmon mixture into 6 patties.
3. Place patties on lightly oiled plate. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate until ready to cook. If you are ready to cook right away, omit this step.
4. Meanwhile, prepare Sour Cream Dill Sauce by combining all ingredients into a small bowl and mixing well.
5. Grill burgers over medium-high heat or over medium-hot coals for 3-5 minutes or until done. Serve with sauce on whole wheat bun with lettuce and tomato.
Nutrition analysis per serving: 390 calories, 11 g fat, 37 g protein, 35 g carbohydrate, 4 g fiber, 520 mg sodium