We believe in improving the health and well-being of our patients, families and their communities, and our Gundersen Health System Nutrition Therapy staff is committed to leading the way.
With more than 25 registered dietitians, they take pride in providing patients with the most comprehensive, innovative and progressive nutrition services in the area.
Our specialties include:
- Weight loss
- Lowering cholesterol
- Working with patients with renal or gastrointestinal issues
- Helping patients with cancer-related nutrition concerns
- Ensuring hospitalized patients' nutritional needs are met, as this is a vital part for recovery
All of our registered and certified dietitians work closely with physicians and other members of the medical team to ensure every patient receives the best possible care.
Partnering for a Healthier America
We are proud to be one of 17 health systems throughout the nation that has made a commitment to the Partnership for a Healthier America. This program works with honorary chair First Lady Michelle Obama and the private sector to end the childhood obesity epidemic within a generation.
For patients and staff, this partnership means:
- A greater selection of fruits and vegetables and less processed foods
- Nutrition facts on all foods and beverages
- Limited sugar-sweetened drinks
- Meals for children and adults that are healthier and cost the same or less than other options
The Nutrition Clinic is a department of Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center.