Proven Clinical Excellence:
- Top 5% in the nation for clinical excellence and patient satisfaction.
- Level II Trauma Center.
- Healthgrades 5-star excellence awards in more than two dozen categories.
- Primary Stroke Center Gold Seal of Approval
- New hospital integrates efficiency and patient-centered care in a healing environment.
- State-of-the-art Emergency Room.
- New innovative operating rooms.
- Medical, surgical and critical care units.
- New behavioral health building.
- A national leader in green energy initiatives, including recycling and renewable energy.
- Reducing healthcare energy costs.
- We will be 100% energy independent by 2014.
- We’re taking care of our patients, our staff and the environment.
- If your personal mission includes reaching beyond a standard nursing practice, we’ll give you opportunities to care for patients through outreach partnerships in Nicaragua, Tanzania and on the Pine Ridge Reservation in South Dakota.
Philosophy of Care:
- A human caring model that follows Dr. Jean Watson’s 10 Caritas Processes.
- Nursing Councils give nurses a voice and a system of governance.
- Professional development opportunities abound.
Unsurpassed Quality of Life:
- Enjoy the beauty of the Mississippi River Valley.
- Endless recreational opportunities.
- Quality schools, safe neighborhoods, friendly neighbors.
- A focus on the arts and the art of living well.
Gundersen Health System is also proud to offer nurses:
Gundersen Health System is:
- A comprehensive healthcare network including one of the nation's largest multi-specialty group medical practices, regional community clinics, hospital, home care, behavioral health services, vision centers, pharmacies, and air and ground ambulances
- A physician-led, not-for profit healthcare system
- Located throughout western Wisconsin, northeastern Iowa and southeastern Minnesota caring for patients in 19 counties
- Able to meet patients’ needs for primary and specialized care
- Comprised of more than 700 medical, dental and associate staff
- Supported by a staff of more than 5,500
- A tertiary referral center
- A teaching hospital with 325 beds and a Level II Trauma and Emergency Center
- Named among the Top 100 in the nation time and time again
- The designated Western Clinical Campus for the University of Wisconsin School of Medicine & Public Health