Whether you are suffering from low back pain, headaches or arthritis, pain can significantly limit your everyday activities and negatively affect your life. Injections are often beneficial for the treatment of pain.
Recent advances in high-resolution ultrasound imaging have given clinicians another tool for improved patient care. Ultrasound imaging allows the clinician to perform precise injections to the area affected by pain. Ultrasound imaging is live, which allows the clinician to see the needle passing through tissue and inject the medication to the exact target. The clinician can identify nerves and blood vessels to stay away from, which allows safe and accurate delivery of the pain relieving medication.
Ultrasound imaging does not use any radiation and is safe for use during pregnancy.
Gundersen’s Physical Medicine and Rehabilitation clinicians use ultrasound imaging to provide various treatments such as:
- Hip injections for hip arthritis or hip pain
- Platelet-rich plasma (PRP) injections
- Shoulder injections for shoulder arthritis or shoulder pain
- Nerve block for pain relief from carpal tunnel syndrome
- Occipital injections for neck pain and headaches