Research has helped provide new treatments and cures for many diseases. Gundersen Neurosciences does clinical research so that we can provide the latest and most effective diagnostic and treatment options for our patients.
Breakthroughs in neurosciences research has allowed neurologists to:
- Successfully treat stroke patients with clot-busting medication
- Produce new medications that relieve migraines
- Slow the progression of multiple sclerosis
- Improve movement for Parkinson's patients
- and many more advances
Research is helping to improve the lives of millions of people around the world.
Gundersen Neurosciences is conducting research studies on many topics, including:
- Pain Medicine: Study of peripheral nerve field stimulators for back pain
- Physical Medicine & Rehabilitation: Study of the frequency of benign paroxysmal vertigo in young adults
- Neurology: Multi-center clinical trial testing a potential new Alzheimer’s drug called Dimebon
- Neurosurgery: Multi-center study to compare the outcomes of arthroplasty surgery verses traditional fusion surgery for degenerative disc disease
- Speech Language Pathology and Allergy: Study of the occurrences of vocal cord dysfunction with an asthma diagnosis
- Speech Language Pathology and Otolaryngology: Study of patients with vocal nodules and their response to conservative/behavioral therapy
- Speech Language Pathology: An education program for parents of autistic children called Providing Effective Autism Care and Education (P.E.A.C.E.) for Parents
Not only do physicians in Gundersen Neurosciences contribute to research studies, but many also submit articles to be published in the Gundersen Medical Journal and national medical journals.
For more information about articles or research studies being done at Gundersen, call (608) 775-9000 or (800) 362-9567, ext. 59000.