Who We Are
The Jacob Wetterling Resource Center has a proven history of helping kids and families.
End all forms of child abuse, neglect, and exploitation through training, education, advocacy, prevention and awareness, providing care and treatment for children, families, and adult survivors.
We work to end all forms of child maltreatment through education, training and prevention while advocating for and serving children, adult survivors and communities.
Values - we believe
- It's a kid's job to be a kid; it's the responsibility of adults to see every child as someone who may need their help and protection.
- Children are never responsible for their own victimization. They often lack the understanding of exploitation, and therefore never "go willingly."
Programs and services
Victim Assistance Helpline: 24/7 coverage offering information, support, advocacy and connection to resources for individuals, families and communities around issues related to missing persons, abuse and exploitation.
What parents say
- "As a parent, it's difficult to think about someone who wants to sexually exploit or take my child, but it's an issue JWRC has helped me learn to address with my children in positive, healthy ways..."
- "I was surprised to learn that those most likely to exploit or abduct a child are most likely known to the child, family or neighborhood; the vast majority are not strangers..."
- "With all the media attention on abductions and sexual predators, I'm afraid to let my kids go out of my sight! Yet JWRC has helped me realize the importance of doing just that, once we practice what-if scenarios that prepare us for anything..."