Resources for Parents
Some of the most common questions we receive from parents involve the following:
- Toddlers: Responding effectively to tantrums, violent or inappropriate behavior
- Preschoolers: How to teach chores, lessen attention-seeking behaviors, refusing "time out"
- School Age Children: Fighting between siblings, power struggles, difficult teachers, lying, inappropriate behavior, arguing
- Teenagers: Chores, drug use, changing methods of discipline away from corporal punishment
- Corporal punishment and paddling at school, from child care workers, or family members.
Remember, changing children’s behavior is easier if you identify the problem, figure out what is causing it, and make a plan to prevent it or stop it.