(608) 775-4963 or (800) 362-9567, ext. 54963
1900 South Ave., La Crosse, WI 54601
Gundersen Lutheran’s Specialty Care Transport (SCT) team is a highly trained group consisting of critical care nurses and paramedics backed by specialized equipment. Partnered with Tri-State Ambulance, Gundersen Lutheran’s SCT team provides care for the relatively stable adult, child, or infant (more than 30-days-old) requiring advanced cares and management between healthcare facilities.
Designed for patients who are in need of:
- Advanced level of care during transport from one facility to another.
- Specialized testing such as cardiac catheterization.
- Surgical procedures not available at other regional healthcare facilities such as open heart surgery.
- Evaluation by trauma surgeon.
- Large patient air transport guidelines
When is it appropriate to utilize Specialty Care Transport?
- Patient is hemodynamically stable.
- Time is not critical.
- Advanced care may be required en route.
Specialized services offered:
- Advanced airway management (intubation)
- Ventilator support
- Advanced Cardiac Life Support procedures and medications
- Cardiac Monitoring (12-lead capability)
- Arterial and PA line monitoring
- Central line maintenance
- Pain management
- Administration and monitoring of medications and IV therapy
To request Specialty Care Transport call toll-free: (800) 527-1200. Learn more about the Specialty Care Transport Team