Overall duration is 36 months of training.
The initial 18 month phase is a primarily clinical experience with required rotations encompassing all aspects of Hematology and Medical Oncology. The second 18 month phase consists of research activity and elective clinical concentration. 6 months during this time is available for research activity, with up to 18 months allowed for fellows with strong interest in research.
Clinical rotations: 18 months (at least 50% outpatient setting)
- 9 months Hematology
- Inpatient Hematology consults
- Ambulatory Hematology Clinic
- Bone marrow transplantation (UW-Madison)
- Transfusion Medicine
- 9 months Oncology
- Inpatient Oncology Consults
- Ambulatory Oncology Clinic
- Palliative Care
- Radiation Oncology
- 6 months Research
- 12 months Elective/research