Gundersen Health System's General Internal Medicine physicians offer comprehensive diagnostic and primary care services for patients over 18 years of age. Making an appointment with an Internal Medicine physician is generally the first contact for patients new to Gundersen.
Internal medicine physicians are experts at treating patients with complex medical problems. They also provide a complete range of general internal medical care, including the diagnosis and treatment of acute and chronic illnesses, gynecological care, urgent care and minor procedures.
Internal Medicine services offered:
- Physical exams
- Gynecological care, including Pap smears and family planning
- Cancer prevention and screening
- Healthy lifestyle management including smoking cessation, heart disease prevention, weight management and osteoporosis prevention
- Mild injury care (sprains, strains, cuts and bruises)
- Management of complex, ongoing disorders such as heart disease, high blood pressure, high cholesterol, arthritis and diabetes
- Acute care
- Referrals to specialists for further diagnosis and/or treatment
Internal Medicine is a department of Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center.