The Integrated Center for Education provides comprehensive simulation resources and shares best practices in healthcare education through a safe, interactive patient care environment for learners of all education levels.
The Integrated Center for Education will be a nationally recognized leader of simulation-based learning in a safe, interactive environment which enhances quality of care, supplements resident, fellow and student training, and improves patient safety.
- Provide a state-of-the-art facility and equipment for clinical and surgical simulation for students, residents, fellows, educators and practicing healthcare providers.
- Serve as a resource for simulation based health education throughout the upper Midwest and the nation.
- Build clinician confidence and improve clinical and educational performance through authentic experiences and skills lab training.
- Use information gained from simulation activities to enhance quality improvement initiatives and increase patient safety.
- Use video-based technology for assessment of resident technical skills and competency.
- Partner with vendor sponsors to advance and sustain health science education and technology.
- Cultivate relationships with academic and community champions to positively impact collaboration and mentorship opportunities.
- Promote collaboration among healthcare professionals.
- Attract the best and brightest healthcare professionals through the utilization of cutting-edge technology and training.