Gundersen Lutheran provides comprehensive imaging services to patients throughout Wisconsin, Minnesota and Iowa. Committed to excellence in image-based patient care, the department is staffed by an experienced team of radiologists, nurses, technologists, sonographers and medical physicists. Using state-of-the-art imaging technology, this team is able to provide expert care in a wide variety of areas including:
- Fluoroscopy (barium enema, upper GI study, ERCP, PICC line placement)
- Bone Densitometry
- Interventional Radiology
- CT (Computed Tomography)
- Diagnostic Imaging (X-Ray)
- Nuclear Medicine (PET/CT imaging, thyroid uptake, bone scan, radiopharmaceutical therapy, lung scan, cardiac imaging, sentinel node imaging)
- Breast Imaging (mammography)
- Radiation Safety
All of our imaging services, equipment and staff are accredited by the American College of Radiology.
Imaging is the branch of medicine that uses electromagnetic radiation, radioactive materials, and sound waves to create images of the body, its organs, internal structures, and function, for diagnosis and treatment.
Imaging, formerly known as radiology, began when x-rays were discovered just over 100 years ago and has evolved into a complex science with advanced technological equipment.
(608) 775-8333 or (800) 362-9567