Prem Rabindranauth, MD, FACS,
also known to his patients and colleagues as Dr. Rabindra, has been a cardiothoracic surgeon at Gundersen Health System since 2002. Always working on the cutting edge in his field, Dr. Rabindra was one of the first to learn and offer minimally invasive coronary artery bypass grafting (MICS-CABG).
He has successfully performed the procedure in more than 140 cases. He now teaches and conducts educational lectures on the technique. He has been featured widely in the local media, promoting the benefits of this surgical procedure.
Dr. Rabindra has earned the respect of his colleagues not only as a surgeon but as the medical chair for the department of Cardiothoracic Surgery at Gundersen Health System. He is:
- Board certified in general and thoracic surgery
- A fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- A member of the Society of Thoracic Surgeons and Society for Heart Valve Disease
Before coming to Gundersen, Dr. Rabindra completed a fellowship in cardiothoracic surgery at UMDNJ Robert Wood Johnson Medical School in New Brunswick, N.J. His medical degree is from Jefferson Medical College in Philadelphia, PA.
His main focus is on achieving better patient outcomes using minimally invasive procedures including multi-vessel MICS-CABG and valve repair and replacement. He is also proficient in:
- Off-pump coronary bypass
- Complex aortic surgery including endovascular and hybrid approaches
- Video-assisted thorascopic surgery
- Ablation for atrial fibrillation