Heart disease is the leading cause of death among Americans. To reduce the risk for heart disease, it’s important for people to have a healthy diet and lifestyle. Gundersen Nutrition Therapy offers a variety of services to help you maintain a healthy heart for life.
We provide services including:
- Nutrition assessment
- Practical and individualized guidance on food selection
- Education on healthy food preparation
- Nutrition classes, wellness programs
- Products for healthy living
A healthy heart starts with a healthy lifestyle. The American Heart Association recommends seven simple measures for better health:
- Don’t smoke
- Maintain a healthy weight
- Engage in regular physical activity
- Eat a healthy diet
- Manage blood pressure
- Take charge of cholesterol
- Keep blood sugar at healthy levels
Remember, even simple and small changes can make a big impact to your health. Starting with a heart healthy diet can be a big step towards a healthier lifestyle. Learn more about heart healthy nutrition.
For more nutrition information or to schedule an appointment with Nutrition Therapy, call (608) 775-3447 or (800) 362-9567, ext. 53447.