The right wound care, right in Viroqua
Seeing a general surgeon at Gundersen Viroqua Clinic is the best way to get the care you need for healing wounds of all kinds. You don't have to drive far—or wait long— to begin your treatment.
Alexander Wade, MD, Gundersen Viroqua general surgeon, says the following question is one we've all likely asked a family member or friend: "Does this look infected?"
"If you're asking that question about your wound, come see us," says Dr. Wade. "We are pretty easy to get in to see, and we want to help you. Not only do we know about wounds, but we won't stop trying to heal you."
Do these sound familiar? Dr. Wade says you should be seen if you have:
- Non-healing wounds (chronic wounds) or slowly healing wounds
- Wounds that might be infected
- Wounds that need complicated care or are difficult to take care of at home
- Wounds that are getting worse with treatment at home
- Wounds that hurt or keep you from doing activities
Not only cuts and sores
Dr. Wade and his colleague, Rachel Wilson, MD, PhD, assess and treat suspicious spots and/or skin growths. "If there is something that is not going away, you should come see us. It's better to know," Dr. Wade says.
To schedule an appointment:
- Call Viroqua General Surgery at (608) 637-4081
- Be sure to say you would like to be seen for a wound (they can usually see you quickly).
- Visit your nearest Urgent or Emergency Care location if the condition of your wound is serious, bleeding or infected.