Six months to a slimmer summer
With ORBERA® intragastric balloon you could see significant weight loss in six months—just in time for summer. The concept is simple: the smaller your stomach, the faster you feel full, consuming less food and fewer calories.
Here's how it works. Under anesthesia, a deflated soft, durable silicone balloon is inserted through your mouth into the stomach. There are no incisions, stitches or scars. Once in place the balloon is filled with saline to about the size of a grapefruit. The balloon, now filling up much of your stomach, is left in for six months. By taking up space in your stomach you eat less and lose more.
It's a safe, effective, non-surgical weight-loss solution. Clinical trials have shown an average weight loss that is 3.1 times greater over those six months than with diet and exercise alone.
But it's more than that. Along with the balloon, a Gundersen registered dietitian will work with you for one year. You'll learn new healthy eating habits and establish an exercise routine that will be essential to your long-term success.
The ORBERA intragastric balloon and support system program may be right for you if you:
- Are interested in a non-surgical weight-loss option
- Are willing to make a yearlong commitment
- Have a body mass index (BMI) of 30 to 40
- Want to reduce your risk for diabetes, heart disease or other obesity-related health problems
- Tried other conservative weight-loss options without success
- Need to lose weight to qualify for another surgery such as orthopedic surgery or to improve outcomes such as with fertility treatments
If you are considering any weight-loss procedure, including the ORBERA program, you should attend our free, informational seminar Understanding Your Weight Management Options. To register, call (608) 775-0055 or register online.