Healthy Living Center brings together the best of Gundersen, YMCA and the community
In 2016, Gundersen Health System and the La Crosse Area Family YMCA opened the area's first Healthy Living Center to:
- Provide individuals and families with classes and programs staffed by Gundersen and Y professionals.
- Help community members seamlessly transition from Gundersen medical care to Y-supervised programming.
Located at the Dahl Family YMCA in La Crosse, the Healthy Living Center features a dedicated fitness center for Y and Gundersen programming; flexible classroom space; a teaching kitchen; and spacious exam rooms for Gundersen providers.
The center has services and classes for every lifestyle, including:
- Nutrition and weight management support from Gundersen registered dietitians; nutrition counseling; cooking classes; and Gundersen's Family LEAP (Learn, Eat, Active, Play) program, all for children and adults.
- Prenatal and postpartum classes that include exercise and support for mom and baby from Gundersen and Y experts.
- The Y's LIVESTRONG program
- Sports medicine, physical therapy and much more.
You can learn more about this innovative approach to healthy living at laxhlc.org.