Minutes in Motion 2018
Join us for Minutes in Motion, a FREE six-week community physical activity challenge. Help us meet our collective goal of 8 million minutes! Download the challenge brochure.
$50 gift card winners! Register now for your chance to win.
- Julia Blackwell
- Jenny Nustad
- Krystin McCulley
- Heather Zak
- Ava Justus
- Ingri Gundersen Lombardi
- Julie Deverell
- Rachel Oakes
- Matt Williams
- Gloria Freese
- Patti Van Buskirk
- Janelle Field Rohrer
- Susanne Koehler
- Alyssa Kozak
Important dates to remember:
- April 1 - challenge begins
- May 12 - challenge ends
- May 16 - final minutes due
- May 18 - winners announced
Track and record your minutes of physical activity - at least 30 minutes every day for six weeks. All activity counts as "Minutes in Motion," so do something you enjoy! Play with your kids, work in your garden or take your dog for a walk. You don't have to have the most minutes to win, but need to meet the minimum goal of 210 minutes a week or 1,260 over the course of the 6 week challenge for many chances to win prizes.
You can participate as an individual, create a community team with family and friends or join co-workers as a worksite wellness challenge. Teachers can also register their students and participate as a classroom. All classroom students K-5 who are registered will receive a free calendar to keep track of their "Minutes in Motion!"
Besides the payoff of better health, there's a chance to win great prizes.
- Registration - For every 1,000 people who register, we will do a drawing for a $50 gift card- register early for more changes to win!
- Weekly - Meet the minimum goal of 210 minutes each week. Record your minutes by midnight on Sunday to be entered to win one of two $50 gift cards each week!
- Team Captains - Four team captains will win a $50 gift card- two from a community team and two from a business team.
- Classrooms - Ten classrooms will receive a $100 gift card.
- 8 million Minutes in Motion - If we meet our collective goal of 8 million minutes, all participants who have met their goal each week will be entered into a drawing for a $100 gift card.
- Grand Prize - If you meet the goal of at least 1,260 total minutes by the end of the challenge your name will be entered into the grand prize drawing of a $500 gift card sponsored by Ho-Chunk Nation.
*Prizes are reported as taxable income.
Thank you to our supporters - Gundersen Medical Foundation and our community partners: Ho-Chunk Nation, Mid-West Family Broadcasting, WXOW News 19, and the La Crosse Tribune, for the 12th annual Minutes in Motion.