Spaghetti carbonara with peas recipe
Makes 6 servings
- 8 ounces whole grain spaghetti
- 4 slices low sodium bacon, chopped
- 1 tablespoon unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 5 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 cup frozen peas, thawed
- ½ cup dry white wine
- 3 ounces parmesan cheese, grated
Bring a pot of water to boil. Add whole grain spaghetti; cook according to package directions.
In a large skillet over medium-high heat, cook bacon until browned. Add butter and garlic. Cook for one minute, stirring constantly. Add red pepper flakes & black pepper. Add peas and stir to combine; cook for 2-3 minutes. Add white wine to pan and deglaze, scraping browned bits off the bottom of the pan. Allow to reduce for 1-2 minutes.
Add cooked spaghetti to skillet; stir to combine. Add cheese and serve.
Nutrition analysis per serving: 340 calories, 16 g fat, 15 g protein, 35 g carbohydrate, 6 g fiber, 320 mg sodium