Lentil walnut burger recipe
Makes 6 servings
- ½ cup chopped onion
- 1 clove garlic
- ¼ in. knob ginger
- ⅓ cup walnuts
- 1 tsp. each: cumin, coriander, garlic powder
- ½ tsp. cayenne pepper or paprika
- ¾ cup brown rice, cooked
- 1 (15 oz.) can lentils, rinsed and drained
- 1 flax egg (1 Tbsp. ground flaxseed + 3 Tbsp. water)
- 3-4 Tbsp. gluten-free breadcrumbs or oat flour
Preheat griddle or fry pan to medium and spray with non-stick spray.
In food processor, combine all ingredients and pulse until combined. Form into 6 patties. Cook on griddle for 5-7 minutes, carefully flip and cook 5 minutes more. Patties should be crispy on the outside, but will be delicate so handle with care. Serve on bun with your favorite toppings.
Nutrition analysis per serving: 150 calories, 4.5 g fat, 7 g protein, 19 g carbohydrate, 7 g fiber and 115 mg sodium
*Bun and desired toppings not included in analysis