Chickpea and potato hash recipe
Makes 4 servings
- 4 cups frozen shredded hash brown potatoes
- 2 cups finely chopped baby spinach
- ½ cup finely chopped onion
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh ginger
- 1 tablespoon curry powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 15-ounce can chickpeas, rinsed
- 1 cup chopped zucchini
- 4 large eggs
Combine potatoes, spinach, onion, ginger, curry powder and salt in a large bowl.
Heat oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Add the potato mixture and press into a layer. Cook, without stirring, until crispy and golden brown on the bottom, 3 to 5 minutes.
Reduce heat to medium-low. Fold in chickpeas and zucchini, breaking up chunks of potato, until just combined. Press back into an even layer. Carve out 4 "wells" in the mixture. Break eggs, one at a time, into a cup and slip one into each indentation. Cover and continue cooking until the eggs are set, 4 to 5 minutes for soft-set yolks.
Nutrition analysis per serving: 382 calories, 20 grams fat, 33 grams carbohydrate, 13 grams protein, 6 grams fiber, 614 mg sodium