Black bean protein muffin recipe
Makes 9 servings
- 1½ cups (1 15-oz. can) black beans, drained and rinsed very well
- 4 Tbsp. Dutch or regular unsweetened cocoa powder
- ½ cup unflavored protein powder*
- ¼ tsp. salt
- ⅓ cup pure maple syrup
- 3½ Tbsp. coconut or vegetable oil
- 1 Tbsp. pure vanilla extract
- ½ tsp. baking soda
- Optional: ½ cup chocolate chips
Preheat the oven to 350°F.
Combine all ingredients except chips in a high-quality food processor, and blend until completely smooth. Stir in the chocolate chips.
Pour into a greased muffin tin. Bake for 20 minutes. When inserted toothpick comes out clean, baking is done.
Store in an air tight container.
*Test recipe used Bob’s Red Mill primer whey protein powder
Nutrition analysis per serving: 130 calories, 6 g fat, 6 g protein, 15 g carbohydrate, 2 g fiber, 200 mg sodium