The Greater La Crosse Area Stroke Club is open to stroke survivors, their families and caregivers. The club helps survivors cope with stroke-related problems and lead more meaningful and productive lives.
- Sharing mutual concerns related to stroke
- Education through written information, audiovisual materials and guest speakers on topics relating to stroke
- Socialization with others affected by stroke and their families/caregivers
- Awareness and better understanding of stroke and disability
The Support Group meets the third Thursday, every other month from 1-2:30 p.m. in Gundersen Lutheran Medical Center-La Crosse Clinic Basement, Conference Room 1. Some special features will include:
- January 18—New Year celebration
- March 15—Getting back to work
- May 17—Trying out new hobbies
- July 19—Healthy cooking
- September—Rehab Celebration (more information to come)
- November 15—TBD
Club Member Comments
"This is a wonderful service that you offer. We feel very fortunate to have this group. Survivors and their caregivers can feel so marginal and isolated. The group helps a great deal. Thank you so much."
"We really enjoy all the meetings. Each one is better because we see people improving and meet new ones. Thank you for all your help and caring."