Gundersen Health System hosts a Spinal Cord Injury Support Group for people of all ages and abilities whose lives have been impacted by a spinal cord injury. The group is also open to friends and family members. The group offers:
- Sharing mutual concerns related to spinal cord injury
- Educational topics
- Resources and community activities
- Socialization and peer mentoring with others affected by spinal cord injuries
- Family support
- Accessibility solutions
- Group outings and other special events
We welcome ideas and suggestions to help meet your needs.
Please join our Facebook group to view upcoming meetings, events and offer support to other members of our group.
Join our Facebook group
The support group meets the third Monday every other month from 5:30 to 7 p.m. starting in February. Meetings are held in the Wellness Lounge at the YMCA Healthy Living Center, 1140 Main Street in La Crosse. Please use the side entrance off of King Street. Meeting dates and topics are:
- August 27 - Pontoon Ride (4-6 p.m.) - The group will be going on a pontoon ride on Monday August 27 from 4-6 p.m. Meet at the Mosey Landing on W 7207 N Shore Lane, Onalaska, where we will load and unload the boat.
- September 18 - Rehab Celebration held at Lunda Center
- October 15
- December 17
Please see our Facebook page or email for further details on outings.