How to build a quit plan
The New Year is the perfect time to stop smoking. This video will help you get started on the road to quitting.
Quitting smoking is tough, but having a plan increases your chance of success.
Follow the 7 steps in this video to build your quit plan – and make this the year you stop smoking for good.
7 Steps to Build a Quit Plan:
- Set a quit date.
- Think about your reasons for quitting.
- Identify your smoking triggers.
- Prepare to fight cravings.
- Get rid of smoking reminders.
- Ask for support from family and friends.
- Explore resources to help you quit.
Quitting smoking happens one minute, one hour, one day at a time. Celebrate milestones and be proud of your accomplishments.
If you smoke, vape, chew, or use other forms of nicotine, Gundersen Health System would like to provide you with tools.