Published on December 27, 2018
4 ways to prevent slips and falls
Winter is here. Don't get tripped up by winter weather this season!
- Wear boots with rubber soles and non-slip treads.
- Plan ahead to prevent last-minute rushing.
- Assume all wet, dark areas on pavement are icy.
- Don't walk and text.
Don't get tripped up by winter weather
- Keep an eye out for black ice.
- Avoid walking with your hands in your pockets or carrying too many items.
- Walk slowly and carefully.
- Wear boots with rubber soles or non-slip treads, over-shoe grippers or traction cleats.
- Plan ahead to ensure enough time to reach your destination.
- Use handrails where they're available.
- Walk as flat-footed as possible in icy areas.
- Check potentially slip areas by tapping them with your foot.