Your support of the Global Partners-Nicaragua program assists in the healthcare, educational and community development activities in the Matagalpa Region of Nicaragua.
Financial donations can be directed to any of these initiatives:
Nicaragua Healthcare Initiatives:
Financial donations for healthcare will support a number of innovative activities Global Partners-Nicaragua is implementing in the Matagalpa Region, in collaboration with Fara Clinic, Rainbow Network and the Matagalpa Regional Hospital.
Nicaragua Educational Support:
- Community-based programs in asthma care, contraception, and dental care will be developed, and donations will enable a public health nurse to travel with a Nicaraguan Rainbow Network provider to rural communities to provide health education.
- Specialty services will be provided by volunteer podiatry, vision, pediatric surgery and vascular teams. Donations will support purchasing needed medical supplies, equipment and medications to provide these services.
- Helping Babies Breathe training will empower local health professionals, midwives and community health workers with the skills needed to resuscitate a baby at birth, in the event of a home delivery. Currently, nearly 50% of babies in the rural communities are born at home.
- Nicaraguan healthcare professionals will be empowered to more effectively meet the health needs in their communities through continuing medical education and specialty training provided by Global Partners' volunteer teams - such as training on conducting clinical breast exams, breast biopsy and breast ultrasound. Additionally, donations will support physician exchange opportunities and purchase of needed medical supplies, equipment and medications.
- Community health needs and capacity assessments will be conducted by Global Partners' volunteer teams in rural communities. These assessments will provide valuable information to community leaders, Fara Foundation, Rainbow Network and Global Partners-Nicaragua in prioritizing needs, understanding the effectiveness of interventions, and building capacity in the communities.
Global Partners-Nicaragua is providing educational support above-and-beyond that which is covered by the community sponsorship through Rainbow Network. While several high school students in Santa Celia are currently receiving scholarships, there are many more students in the region who would like to attend high school but currently lack scholarship funds. A scholarship is $300/year, and each funder will be connected one-on-one with the student they are supporting. Additional donations will help support the educational partnerships between schools in the Seven Rivers Region and the Santa Celia primary school, as well as be used to purchase school supplies, support post-secondary training for promising secondary students, and provide adult education opportunities in Santa Celia.
Click the "Donate" button to support Global Partners-Nicaragua. If desired, please indicate which of these specific initiatives you wish to support by adding this to the Payment Information-Comments box. For example, write "Nicaragua Educational Support" in the comments section.
Or, send a check made payable to GMF-Global Partners Nicaragua to:
Gundersen Medical Foundation
1836 South Ave.
La Crosse, WI 54601