Gundersen Lutheran’s Campus Renewal: Transforming Vision to Reality
In our last two issues of Pathfinders,
we have touched on the subject of Campus Renewal.
In this issue, we make it our main focus because the milestone moment has arrived!
The most extensive building project in Gundersen Lutheran history has begun. Ground has been broken on the La Crosse Campus to make way for a new hospital that is the centerpiece of a thoughtful and comprehensive renewal plan. Just as the overall renewal project will take multiple years to accomplish, so will the associated capital campaign led by Gundersen Lutheran Medical Foundation.
We are already deeply grateful for the commitments received from within the Gundersen Lutheran community—doctors, nurses, board members, employees and institutional entities who have responded to the initial phase of our fundraising efforts. Why do they give? Why is philanthropy so important? Why is this project of such great benefit to the community? You’ll find answers to these questions, and more, within this issue.
In the words of the great scientist Marie Curie: The way of progress is neither swift nor easy. And yet, it is exciting! These new facilities will greatly enhance
the Foundation’s primary mission of medical education and research. We look forward to announcing the public phase of the Campus Renewal campaign later this spring, and inviting the entire community to join us in making history.
In this issue:
- Why Campus Renewal: A community perspective
- Celebrating Community Philanthropy: Heritage Society offers pathways for giving
- Why Philanthropy: The Foundation’s role in Campus Renewal
- Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals® : New name, same mission
- Why We Give: Meet two of our physician philanthropists
- Development Update: Reflections on philanthropy
- Expressions of Caring: Recognition of commemorative and memorial gifts
- Happenings: Gundersen Lutheran Medical Foundation at work