From gratitude comes great things
Expressing gratitude is a year-round practice for all of us at Gundersen Lutheran Medical Foundation. We view it as one of the most joyful core tenets of good stewardship, to recognize our donors’ generosity and celebrate what it accomplishes.
The power of gratitude is also something we witness year-round, and it never fails to both humble and inspire us. So many of the charitable gifts we receive are given out of gratitude—families who are grateful for having more time with their loved ones, patients who will never forget the extraordinary compassion of their care team, friends and neighbors who wish to honor or thank a doctor, a nurse, an entire department who has made a difference in their life.
This issue of Pathfinders
is a beacon for gratitude. Great patient care inspires donors to support the work of our Foundation which makes us better able to accomplish our mission. Just like a circle, the season for gratitude has no beginning and no end.
In this issue:
- Campus Renewal Update: New simulation training center to open in early 2012
- New Hope for Parkinson’s Disease: Movement Disorders Center pursues research opportunities
- Making a Difference: Our illustrated guide to year-end giving
- Longtime Donors Make Lasting Gift: Loeffler endowment will support Foundation mission
- Estate Planning is for Everyone: An inside view of how a facilitated process can help
- Development Update: Reflections on philanthropy
- Expressions of Caring: Recognition of commemorative and memorial gifts
- Happenings: Gundersen Lutheran Medical Foundation at work
- Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals®: Our special winter issue of Children’s Connection