Drive for Hope
On Monday, June 3, 2019 Gundersen Medical Foundation will host the 12th annual Sue Eber Memorial Drive for Hope for Lung Cancer Research golf tournament at the La Crosse Country Club. Last year, hundreds of golfers, sponsors, businesses, dinner attendees and volunteers helped us raise $38,000 for local Lung Cancer Research. Drive for Hope advances research which ultimately translates into state-of-the-art care for the patients and communities we serve.
- Lung cancer kills more people than breast, pancreatic, and prostate cancer combined, yet these cancers receive an average of 5.4 times more research funding per life lost than lung cancer.
- Lung cancer is the leading cause of cancer death, regardless of gender or ethnicity, taking almost 155,000 American lives each year.
- Lung cancer is often called the "disease of smokers," yet as many as 20% of people who die from lung cancer have never smoked.
- There is hope! Until recently, there has been no screening tool for this disease and most cancers were diagnosed in the late stages. With the implementation of CT (computed tomography) screening, early stage cancer diagnosis is anticipated to rise, substantially increasing survival rates.
Drive for Hope is a 4-person-scramble. Entry fee is $125 per person and includes: grab-n-go lunch, 18-hole green fees, cart, special gift, hole-event prizes, trophies for winning teams, team photo and dinner at the 19th Hole.
- 10:30 a.m.: Registration opens, warm up on the driving range. Opportunity to purchase mulligans, basket raffle tickets and enjoy a margarita.
- 11:30 a.m.: Grab-n-go lunch
- Noon 18-Hole Golf Scramble (shotgun start)
- 5 p.m.: Party at the 19th Hole (Clubhouse) Begins immediately following golf and includes dinner, raffle, live auction and awards presentation.
We want to make this our best year yet, but we can't do it alone. Please consider showing your support by becoming a sponsor or giving a tax-deductible gift to support lung cancer research today.
Sponsorship opportunities range from $250 to $1,500. For additional information on what opportunities are available, download the sponsorship opportunities flier or call (608) 775-6600.
We hope that you will help us make this event a success by participating in the day's activities or by sponsoring this great event!
For additional information, or if you would like to become a sponsor, please contact:
Phone: (608) 775-6600