Caring Tribute to Nurses
Patients and families have important partnerships with nurses on their healing journeys and often ask how they can say "thank you" for the care they received.
Gundersen Medical Foundation established the Caring Tribute to Nurses funds to honor nursing excellence. Your donation is a way to recognize an individual, a department or nursing in general.
Your generosity supports the professional development of nurses in Gundersen Health System through the following funds:
Where Caring Meets Excellence
Through your generous support, nurses at Gundersen Health System are guided, strengthened and empowered to reach their full potential, and do what comes so naturally—provide compassionate care to patients.
This fund supports the annual Dahlberg Scholar lecture featured at Nursing Research on the Green. The Dahlberg Scholar is a nationally recognized nurse leader whose presentation showcases research and evidence-based practice expertise. Nursing Research on the Green also provides a setting for our nurses to exhibit their research and projects.
Legacy of Nursing scholarships
Our organization has supported nursing education for almost a century. This fund supports nurses who wish to continue their education toward a degree or certification. Five nursing scholarships are awarded annually:
- The Dianna P. Myhre Nurse Practitioner Scholarship
- The Julie MacDonald Nursing Scholarship
- The Alice Wehrenberg Scholarship
- The Heritage Nursing Scholarship
- The Barbara Kroner Nursing Scholarship
This fund provides support to the Department of Nursing for professional development of staff nurses through:
- In-house continuing education programs
- Educational opportunities
- Attendance at healthcare conferences
This fund supports nursing research initiatives and includes:
- Research and evidence-based projects
- Mentorship to nurses pursuing advanced degrees
- Assistance in publishing research findings