Removing obstacles to safety
Domestic violence impacts thousands of women, men and children in the 7 Rivers Region. Often, victims of domestic violence face obstacles making it difficult to leave an abusive relationship and to find a safe place.
You can help remove those obstacles by donating to Gundersen Medical Foundation’s Carilee Fund. The Carilee Fund was established in memory of a Gundersen Health System employee’s mother who lost her life due to domestic violence. Read Carilee's story.
Also, take a moment to read April's story.
The fund will be used to help domestic violence victims pay for things such as:
- Transportation expenses
- Legal fees
- Child care during a medical or court appointment
- Rental assistance or a security deposit
- Emergency funds
Funds will only be used if other sources of assistance are not available. Decisions on how funds are spent are made by a special group of Gundersen staff members and community representatives.
The funds are available to all victims of domestic abuse in the 7 Rivers Region no matter where they receive their care. Every person requesting financial assistance must be working with a domestic violence program. All help is provided confidentially.
How you can donate
Donations of any size can help and there are many ways to make a contribution.
- Make a Donation and designate it to the Carilee Fund.
- Mail your donation to: Gundersen Medical Foundation, 1836 South Ave., La Crosse, WI 54601. Make checks payable to Gundersen Medical Foundation and indicate Carilee Fund in the check memo.
- Contact the Foundation at (608) 775-6600 or (800) 362-9567, ext. 56600 to set up a payroll deduction (Gundersen employees only).
- Sponsor a fundraiser.
For more information on the Carilee Fund, contact the Gundersen Domestic Abuse/Sexual Assault Program at (608) 775-6803 or (608) 775-4724 or (800) 362-9567, ext. 56803 or ext. 54724.