Gundersen offers custom-made orthoses, prostheses in-house
Patients who need custom or ready-made splints, braces, orthoses or prosthetic limbs can find a one-stop shop at Gundersen Health System.
The Orthotics and Prosthetics department includes three board-certified orthotists and a dedicated prosthetist to serve the needs of patients with missing limbs.
They have decades of experience designing, creating and fitting custom-made products for children and adults, including:
- Knee braces for arthritic pain management and sports injuries
- Spinal supports for back pain, scoliosis and spinal injuries
- Leg braces for all types of injuries
- Cranial helmets for plagiocephaly and trauma
- Upper extremity devices for a variety of diagnoses
- Prostheses for trauma, disease or congenital conditions
Other area exclusives include:
- VertAlign thoracolumbosacral orthosis (TLSO) spinal support system
- SureStep pediatric orthoses
- STARband remolding helmet
- Charleston Bending Brace for nocturnal treatment of scoliosis
- WalkAide functional e-stim device
The Orthotics and Prosthetics department also offers state-of-the-art digital and laser scanning along with computer-aided design/computer-aided manufacturing (CAD/CAM) fabrication for some custom-fabricated devices.
Patients are seen Monday through Friday in La Crosse and Onalaska.
For more information or to refer a patient for consultation, contact Gundersen Orthotics and Prosthetics via MedLink at (800) 336-5465 or (608) 775-5465.