Neurosurgery offers full range of options for pain relief
When your patients have exhausted conservative treatment options for back and neck pain, a referral to our experts in neurosurgery may help them find the relief they desire.
Full range of neurosurgeries
In addition to alleviating back pain and neck pain through surgical interventions, our neurosurgery team expertly diagnoses and treats many other chronic and emergent conditions, including but are not limited to:
- Brain tumors or lesions
- Arnold Chiari malformation
- Carpel tunnel revision
- Brain aneurysms
- Stroke interventions
At Gundersen Health System, our team provides a range of spinal surgical interventions, including:
- Spinal fusion to limit motion between vertebrae and relieve pain
- Complex spine surgery for increased mobility and decreased pain over time
- Discectomy to fix a herniated or ruptured disc in the lower back
- Laminectomy to remove the part of the vertebra called the lamina, creating more room in the spinal canal and relieving pressure on nerves in the lower back
- Laminotomy, similar to laminectomy, to remove part of the lamina and reduce pressure on the spinal cord or spinal nerves
- Disc arthroplasty to replace a painful disc with an artificial disc
- Vertebroplasty and Kyphoplasty to stabilize spinal fractures, commonly caused by osteoporosis
- Lumbar decompression to alleviate pain caused by pinched nerves
At Gundersen, we opt for non-surgical treatments first when appropriate. When those have been exhausted or are not an option, neurosurgery may be the path to get your patients back to living their lives free from chronic pain.
If you believe you have a patient who may be a candidate for back or neck surgery, please call Gundersen via MedLink at (800) 336-5465 or in La Crosse at 775-5465 for a referral or consultation, to schedule an appointment for a patient, or to talk with a Gundersen neurosurgeon.