Community & Agency Programs
MedLink AIR is proud to serve our communities in the transport arena, but we also understand the importance of education and support of area agencies and service groups at public events. To that end, we offer these special programs:
Event visits and education
Visits give us an opportunity to support our service area agencies. You can request MedLink AIR to attend or participate in an event or schedule a helipad tour or other educational event. We understand your event is important and we ask that you give us enough time to process your request. Prior to making your request, please review our criteria and then complete the request form. Be sure to gather all the form information so we can process your request efficiently and quickly. Thank you and we look forward to continuing to serve you in the future!
Criteria for public relations event visits
MedLink AIR (MLA) participates in PR (Public Relation) events only within the normal Gundersen/MLA referral area. MLA supervisors and PR committee members must approve all other requests. Other criteria include:
- Emergency Medical Service (EMS) related events/education such as farm safety classes, or first responder, police or fire training/education for landing zone or crash recovery.
- Medical/trauma related education or training (i.e. preparing patients for transport/loading of aircraft) for emergency dept. /critical care area personnel.
- Gundersen and affiliate related events/functions (i.e. specialty picnics, Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals events)
- Highly attended public events (i.e. Deke Slayton Air Fest, Octoberfest Racing at La Crosse Speedway)
- Fly-in breakfasts within the referral area.
- High school or college EMS related events (mock crashes) and/or career days.
- Wal-Mart (Children’s Miracle Network Hospitals supporter) pending approval.
- Every attempt will be made to not schedule events during MLA staff shift changes (between the hours of 6:30-7:30 a.m. and 6:30-7:30 p.m.).
- Efforts will be made to honor requests made on short notice, however, requests may be denied based exclusively on time.
- Unfortunately, MLA is not able to attend preschool, elementary or junior high events. Hangar tours (which take about 25 minutes) at Gundersen in La Crosse can be provided to the following:
- Cub Scouts or Girl Scouts
- Elementary/middle schools
- Low attendance events
- Non emergency medical service related events
Education Request Event Visit Hangar Tour
MedLink AIR Ride-Along Program
The ride-along program allows participants to spend a day with the flight team and become familiar with the principles of helicopter transport and safety. You must be at least 18 years old and currently active in pre-hospital, emergency work, critical care, nursing or medical/emergency communications specialist. If you are interested in participating in this program, review the guidelines and submit your application.
*UPDATE* Due to the recent expansion of our flight program, the Ride Along Program has been temporarily placed on hold. We strive to provide our ride alongs with as many opportunities to fly as we can, and during orientation of our new crew members, this would not always be possible. We look forward to resuming this program in the near future for our 2018 season. Any updates will be posted here on the website. Thank you for your understanding during this exciting time for our program!