- NO TRAUMA: PA, AP Towne, Left Lateral, & SMV.
- TRAUMA: AP, AP Towne & Both Laterals (done Crosstable).
FOCAL SPOT: Large
SCREEN: 10x12 CR cassettes
- PA: Perpendicular to film entering at the glabella.
- AP Towne: 30° caudal angle entering 2.5 inches above the superciliar arch (about the level of the hairline).
- Lateral: Perpendicular to the film entering 2” superior to the EAM.
- SMV: Perpendicular to the cassette entering midway b/w the mandibular arches and 3” inferior the point of the chin.
AP Towne: Patient placed supine (AP) with tube angled 30° caudal. Could also do with patient prone and using a 30° cephalic angle.
- If unable to obtain an SMV, due to patient condition, take a Right Lateral.
- Do NOT do an SMV if an injury has occurred to the neck. Do a Right Lateral instead.
- Always include a Left Lateral view whenever possible.