ROUTINE: AP & Lateral Skull, PA or AP Chest, and Flatplate Abdomen (unless lateral chest or abdomen specifically ordered).
FOCAL SPOT: Large
IMAGING PLATE: CR cassettes-10x12 Skull/14x17 Chest & Abdomen
- Perpendicular to the film centered on appropriate part.
- SKULL- Use large enough film to include a portion of the neck.
- AP/PA CHEST-Center high and include a portion of the neck and a portion of the abdomen on the film.
- FLATPLATE ABDOMEN-Position to see the end of the shunt-symphysis not necessary.
- Be sure that anatomy overlaps on 3 films so entire shunt can be visualized.
- INFANTS-Do a Lateral Skull and a Babygram.
- If CPV views ordered see pg. 53.