ROUTINE: AP OR PA and Lateral.
DISTANCE: 60” or 72” depending on the size of patient
FOCAL SPOT: Large
IMAGING PLATE: Scoli cassette
- Perpendicular to the film centered on mid entire spine.
- AP/PA-Make sure patient removes shoes, place them PA/AP, top of cassette above top of ear. Need to see SI joints, use breast shields and filter. Chin up slightly. Use gonadal shielding.
- Lateral-Left lateral. Arms straight out at 90° to body. Use lateral filter. Measure through the lower T-Spine area for both views.
- First time exam-Do AP standing-no shielding
- All follow up exams do PA standing.