Scanogram (Orthoroentgenogram, Growth Study)
ROUTINE: AP Coned down view of Hips, Knee, and Ankle on one 14 x 17 film.
FOCAL SPOT: Large
IMAGING PLATE: 14x17 cassette
CENTRAL RAY: Perpendicular to the Hip, Knee, and Ankle joints
- Inform patient that it is important that they remain still throughout the 3 separate exposures.
- Do not move the bucky throughout the exam! Float the table only longitudinally, not transversely!
- Place the ortho ruler on table and tape it down securely.
- Lay patient on the table on the ruler.
- Divide the 14 x 17 film into three separate parts by placing the 2 pieces of lead on the cassette.
- Hip Joint-Place the lead on the middle and lower 1/3 of cassette.
- Knee Joint-Place the lead on the upper and lower 1/3 of cassette.
- Ankle Joint-Place the lead on the upper 1/3 and middle of cassette.