Pediatric Trauma Series
ROUTINE: See views below.
FOCAL SPOT: Small
IMAGING PLATE: Use appropriate size CR cassettes
- Perpendicular to the film centered on appropriate part.
- Up to 12 months an entire extremity can be done on one film, beyond 12 Months, all extremities must be done as individual films: AP humerus, AP forearm, AP Femur, AP Tibia/Fibula.
- Very important to get marker on film and visualized on appropriate side.
The Dept of Radiology has established a protocol for radiographic evaluation of a child suspected of possible physical abuse. This protocol has been established after consultation with several children’s hospitals throughout the country. A specific CPT code has been established for this series and the cost will be approx. $220.
- AP and lateral Skull
- PA Chest
- Lateral Cervical Spine
- Lateral Thoracolumbar Spine
- PA Right and Left Hands
- AP Right and Left Feet
- AP Right and Left Humerus
- AP Right and Left Forearm
- AP Right and Left Femur
- AP Right and Left Tibia/Fibula