Genetic Bone Survey
ROUTINE: See views below.
DISTANCE: 40” or 44”
FOCAL SPOT: Large
IMAGING PLATE: Use appropriate size cassettes
CENTRAL RAY: Perpendicular to the film centered on appropriate part.
HELPFUL POSITIONING: Individual films taken of each part.
Example: Done for Osteogenesis Imperfecta.
SEE ALSO/OTHER VIEWS
- Left Lateral Skull
- AP and Lateral Cervical Spine
- AP and Lateral Thoracic Spine
- AP and Lateral Lumbar Spine
- AP of one arm and leg (unless noted as bilateral). Doesn’t matter which arm/leg unless otherwise noted.
- Entire Humerus
- Entire Forearm
- Entire Femur
- Entire Tibia/Fibula
- AP of both hands and feet-run under arthritic hands/feet on CR menu.
- AP Chest
- AP Pelvis
***The ordering physician may request additional films.