ROUTINES: Standing AP, Lateral & Lateral Oblique (unless oblique specifically ordered as a Medial Oblique).
FOCAL SPOT: Small
IMAGING PLATE: 10x12 CR cassette
- AP: 10° angle toward the heel centered at the base of the 3rd metatarsal.
- Medial or Lateral Oblique: 45° lateral/medial tube angle centered 1” medial of the base of the 5th metatarsal.
- Lateral: Perpendicular to the base of the 5th metatarsal.
- AP: Positioned the same as an AP foot.
- Medial or Lateral Oblique: Foot positioned as for an AP. Tube angled 45° entering either the medial or lateral side of foot. Metatarsals & tarsal bones will be greatly magnified.
- Lateral: Position the same as a lateral foot.
SEE ALSO/OTHER VIEWS:
- Raised Hallux-Do Wt- bearing Lateral Foot with a roll of tape placed under the great toe to raise it higher than the other toes.
- Weight-bearing Sesamoids-Patient stands on wt bearing box & bends foot forward as far as possible flexing toes to get heel away from the sesamoids. Tube angle depends on amount the patient can bend foot.