ROUTINES: AP & Lateral simulated wt bearing & a Lateral with the foot in dorsiflexion.
FOCAL SPOT: Small
IMAGING PLATE: 8x10 or 10x12 CR cassette
CENTRAL RAY: Same as foot.
- AP simulated wt bearing:
- Angle 30° cephalic.
- Make sure tibia is lined up with calcaneous.
- Apply pressure down on bent knees.
- Lateral simulated wt bearing:
- Heel must be flat on plexiglass.
- Apply pressure to entire base of foot.
- Lateral with foot in dorsiflexion.
- Use plexiglass to push up on entire base of foot.
- Flex foot up toward head.
ADDITIONAL COMMENTS: Dr.Wintersteen will position.
SEE ALSO/OTHER VIEWS:
Plantar flexion-force foot down.
Dorsal flexion-force foot up.