ROUTINE: Water’s, Caldwell, Lateral & Modified Water’s
TEC Routines: Water’s, Caldwell, & Lateral of the affected side.
FOCAL SPOT: Small
IMAGING PLATE: 10x12 CR cassette
- PA Water’s: Perpendicular to film entering at the acanthion.
- Caldwell: 15 deg. caudal angle entering at the nasion.
- Lateral: Perpendicular to the film entering the zygoma at a level halfway b/w the outer canthus and the EAM.
- Modified Water’s: Perpendicular to the cassette entering at the acanthion.
Modified Water’s: Pt. is PA. Nose and chin of patient resting on bucky or table. OML forms a 55 deg. angle with the film. Center cassette to acanthion.
- If injury to zygomatic arches, do Oblique Axials (Tangential) of arches.
- If unable to tip head back for Oblique Axials, do AP Axials (Modified Towne).