SECTION: GENITOURINARY 5.7
ORIGINAL DATE: 9-21-99
DATE REVISED: 4-8-16
Indications: Evaluation of vesicoureteral reflux
Exam time length: 45 minutes – 1 hour
(It helps to have a video playing when you bring child in.) May call a child-life specialist to help as well. Jenny Noel, pg 1341, ext. 55936.
- Patient comes to department with a Foley catheter in place.
- Oral versed may be given to patients greater than 2 years old. This will be determined by the ordering physician.
- Place a spot marker on the Rt shoulder during the beginning of the cine acquisition then remove for remainder of exam.
- Drain residual urine from catheter before starting.
- Mark Rt shoulder on post void image.
Radiopharmaceutical & Dose
- Radiopharmaceutical: Na 99mTcO4-‑
- Adult Dose: 1 mCi
- Pediatric Dose: 0.5 mCi
STATIC ACQUISITION PARAMETERS
Time interval between tracer injection & imaging: None
- Upright sitting on bedpan with back to camera. Infants lying on bed with posterior camera.
- Image from base of bladder and up towards head.
Energy: 140 keV
- 128 x 128 for dynamic
- 256 x 256 for static
- Posterior dynamic of filling/voiding at 15 seconds/frame for 1800 seconds or until fill/void complete. NOTE computer time for end filling & beginning of voiding. Record filling volume.
- Post-void static for 180 seconds
- Posterior dynamic of filling and voiding in one continuous acquisition.
- Post-void posterior image
Screen caps to make: Image dynamic 6 x 5, on low intensity, using as many pages as needed to capture the whole dynamic and text on 10 sec/frame. Image post-void on a 1 on 1 & text on markers on Rt Shoulder. Text filling volume of saline.
Send to FUJI: Screen caps