ROUTINE: PA/AP and Lateral.
DISTANCE: 48” or 72” depending on age of child-see additional comments.
FOCAL SPOT: Small
IMAGING PLATE: 8x10 or 10x12 CR cassette or digital.
- PA: Perpendicular to the cassette
- Lateral: Perpendicular to T-7.
- Take upright if possible.
- Remember to shield all children and young adults.
- Utilize parents to hold patient.
Under 1 yr old: AP supine chest at 48” with a 5° caudal tube. Lateral done cross-table at 48” with left side against film.
1-3 yr old: PA sitting and Lateral sitting at 72” non-bucky. If child is over 1 year old and is uncooperative or cannot sit up, do supine and cross-table lateral.